Location – Washington, D.C.
Employee Type – FT.
Industry – Information Technology, Finance
Required Degree – 4 Year Degree
Citizenship – US Citizen
Clearance Required – Public Trust
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst with at least seven (7) years of experience to support several IT projects involving operational technology, to supplement current client staff. Projects will vary in scope and complexity and will require an experienced analyst. The qualified candidate shall have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience.
- Gathering and documenting client business requirements for IT systems
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and SDLC methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Collaborating and working with IT development teams, management, and customers
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience writing system design documents and other system documentation
- Significant attention to detail
- Working under tight deadlines
- Some project management experience is a plus.
Education Required – Bachelor’s degree
Critical Hiring Criteria (Make or Break)
- Analytical and communication skills
- Meet minimum experience qualifications
- Experience with Agile and SDLC methodologies
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
Thank you for considering us for employment.