Location: Washington, DC
Minimum Experience – 10 Years
Required Degree – 4 Year Degree
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking an Oracle R12 Upgrade Technical Lead with current Oracle Financials experience to work for a federal Agency located in the Washington, DC Metro Region. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have solid industry experience in the following area(s):
* Provide competent leadership in interpreting business models, system models, use cases and sequence diagrams; and creating technical architecture specifications, class diagrams and object models
* Lead design, development and execution of a major Oracle Financial Management upgrade (Oracle Financials version 11.5.10 (11i) to R12). The work includes all phases of the software development lifecycle and leverages capabilities of the Oracle software product and lessons learned from other Federal Financial Management upgrades. The target environment will be Oracle R12.2.5 with capabilities to support Financial Management System transactions as well as interfaces with other systems (e.g., Travel, Purchase Card, Acquisition, Cost Accounting, Time and Labor)
* Work within a cross-functional team to provide technical expertise in the requirements analysis, design and system architecture and migration of Oracle EBS and RICEW development/integration
* Provide mentorship and training of other developers on processes and tools
* Handle complex solution design and RICEW development issues/challenges
* Review and create artifacts that can be leveraged across the solution implementation
* Responsible for the design and management of the end to end architecture of the solution and ensure that all the components of the solution integrate together
* Apply object-oriented programming and design approaches, and patterns-based design and development
* Apply Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts including RESTful and SOAP-based services
* Design in compliance with Agency’s Enterprise Architecture tenets
* Enforce application security in the JavaEE or .NET platforms, enforcing data security in the Oracle database system, and using relevant identity management frameworks/specifications
* Technically own and manage the process of ensuring build and integration of the various elements of the solution
* Act as Technical liaison for the project and manage the integration of the various elements of the architecture with the assistance from the technical team leaders
* Act as a single point on all technical issues for all of the technical team leads
* Provide technical leadership with senior client technical and business staff
* Review IT architectures, projects & improve business processes & technology innovation
* Research emerging technologies, processes & best practices
* Work on the development of client bids and presentations of proposals
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
* 10+ years’ experience developing Oracle EBS solutions for Federal Financial applications
* BS Computer Science or equivalent and 12-15 years of related experience
* Eligible to work in the US and the ability to pass a National Agency Check (NAC) background investigation.
* Deep understanding and proven recent experience experience leading at least three (3) Oracle migrations (Oracle Financials version 11.5.10 (11i) to R12)
* Advanced understanding of architectures to include Cloud Computing technologies.
* Knowledge of Oracle EBS R12.2, Oracle database, Oracle middleware, business process management (BPM), service oriented architecture (SOA), web services, business intelligence, and Federal Financial business processes and strategic goals
* Expert knowledge of a wide variety of technologies such as development tools and platforms, application servers, database servers, web servers, integration technologies and middleware.
* Experience with Oracle R12.2
* Experience with financial systems integration with acquisition systems (Hyperion, Comprizon, PRISM)
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please use the contact form below.
Thank you for considering us for employment.