Location: Washington, DC
Minimum Experience – 2 Years
Required Degree – 4 Year Degree
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking a Business Analyst to work for a federal Agency located in Washington, DC. As the Business Analyst, you will support technical solutions for Agile teams software working with Java, J2EE, Web development and Open Source technologies. Reporting to the Management Lead, the Business Analyst ensures that the team functions as a whole, and meets its objectives. The Business Analyst provides leadership in understanding and defining business systems requirements, project objectives, and deliverables.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Work with the development team and client to perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with product owners and technical lead to understand product specifics.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization’s Agile project lifecycle.
- Act as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the software development or information technology team.
- Analyze and communicate stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
- Translate business requirements into user stories for our development teams using modeling, testing and data models to improve the flow of information through an organization to enhance project success.
- Demonstrate leadership in understanding and defining business systems requirements, project objectives, and deliverables.
- Manage changing priorities within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance.
- 2 years of experience conducting business process analysis, design, and documentation, preferably in a Federal Government IT environment.
- Prior working experience in software development environments.
- Prior working experience interfacing with the customer.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to gather and analyze business process data
- Prior working experience with Agile project planning and execution as well as demonstrated innovation and creativity in problem solving.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree.
- 2 years working experience within the Federal Government.
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please fill the following contact form:
Thank you for considering us for employment.