Location: Washington, DC
Minimum Experience – 8 Years
Required Degree – 4 Year Degree
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking a Software Engineer IV to work for a federal Agency located in Washington, DC. As the Software Engineer ( Software Engineer IV ) who is passionate about learning and shipping code, you will develop software solutions using open source technologies as part of a team of developers and engineers working in an Agile environment. You will be part of a team responsible for developing applications to support mission-critical functions for a Federal agency. This is a great opportunity to create dynamic, state-of-the-art software applications utilizing cutting-edge DevOps technologies. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have solid industry experience in the following area(s):
- Write quality code with a goal of 0 defects and 100% code coverage.
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specification and development schedules.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work with other developers and systems engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks.
- Work closely with product owner, stakeholders, business analysts, and team members to understand product specifics and to create quality code.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle.
- Execute automated testing on both front-end and back-end systems.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related, equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience with multiple software programming technologies including J2EE with Spring and Hibernate.
- 6 years of experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions with increasing responsibilities.
- 3 years of related development experience in Agile team environment.
- Experience working closely with product owners, stakeholders, and project managers.
- Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who can learn and contribute to a development team.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related, equivalent experience.
- Experience working on software development contracts for the Federal government.
- Experience working on large scale IT software development projects.
- Experience with a wide variety of tools and techniques such as Activiti, JUnit, Gradle, Maven, Nexus, MuleSoft, Selenium, Drools, Sonar, Fortify, Cucumber.
- Experience with modern software engineering practices including BDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment, TDD, pair programming, unit testing, refactoring, emergent design, automated builds.
- Experience with database such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, Containers, Kubernetes, Microservices.
- Experience with DevOps to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Liquibase, Git.
- Testing experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please fill the following contact form:
Thank you for considering us for employment.