Location: Washington, DC
Minimum Experience – 2 Years
Required Degree – N/A
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking a Business Analyst to work for a federal Agency located in Washington, DC. As the Software Test Engineer, you will provide testing solutions for Agile scrum teams working with Java, J2EE, Web development and Open Source technologies. Reporting to the Team Lead, the individual will be responsible for verifying changes made to the system through the execution of automated test scripts to meet established acceptance criteria. Along with this role the Tester will be responsible for working with other teams to understand the changes, and be able to articulate any test failures.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Work within the development team environment and performs the following tasks:
- Execute automated testing on both web front end and back end systems (the ability to test at an API level such as via Web Services, JMS Queue, or other back end service is essential);
- Perform test validations at various levels including DB validation, logging validation, and UI validation;
- Work with Business Analyst and Team Leads/Technical Leads to define test scenarios and test cases for the evolving solution in accordance with the Technical Testing Strategy:
- Create testing products, e.g. test cases, plans and logs;
- Document and report the results of testing activities for Quality Assurance purposes;
- Keep the Team Lead and other designated management officials informed of the results of testing activities;
- Provide programmatic and technical assistance to respective components regarding the procurement, development, maintenance, and use of accessible EIT as required by Section 508.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain DHS Security Clearance.
- 2 years of experience as a Solutions Tester with increasing testing responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following technologies: Cucumber, CSS, JSON, Selenium, SQL, Maven, XML, JBOSS, Jenkins, MongoDB, Drools, Sonar, Fortify, JUnit/JMock.
- Prior working experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Prior working experience with Agile industry best practices, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration.
- Prior working experience testing to ensure compliance with Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d).
- Understanding of WebDriver concepts such as (Selenium) and implementation through a browser-specific browser driver.
- Prior working experience interactively debugging web based user interface in real time mode.
- Prior working experience writing test documents, test cases, and test scenarios based on the Acceptance criteria defined for the User story.
- Understanding of basic HTML, CSS, Java script.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field.
- 2 years of software testing experience within the Federal Government.
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please fill the following contact form:
Thank you for considering us for employment.