Location: Washington, DC
Employment Classification: Regular, FT Employee
Minimum Experience – 5 years of IT experience, 3-5 years management experience
Required Degree and Certifications:
- 4 Year Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- PMP certification, required
- Certified Scrum Master desired, but not required
Clearance – Public Trust
US Citizens Only
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking a Project Manager to provide leadership, supervision and management of a team for application systems development and implementation. The candidate will be a technologist experienced in developing enterprise IT strategy, definition, implementation, and alignment of program operations and modernization strategies. The qualifying candidate will possess proven experience in conceptual and communication skills, adept at making presentations for senior client executives, be able to perform independently and in a team environment, have the capability to respond to critical situations, and work to facilitate tasks and process improvement across functional and technical teams. The candidate should also possess a proficient grasp of project management best practices within an agile development environment to bring about organizational changes. The position will require an assessment of the organization, identification of approaches, and the ability to both prioritize and advocate the necessary changes.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies managing projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please fill the following contact form:
Thank you for considering us for employment.