– Location: Washington, DC – Education: Bachelor’s degree
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovation to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking a Test Engineer who supports development testing for ERP and COTS software systems. The candidate should have working knowledge of MS Windows and web based applications. Experience with the Linux Operating System would be beneficial.
– As a member of the team, the engineer is responsible for writing test plans, procedures and reports.
– The individual conducts tests and works with developers to resolve discrepancies.
– The tester ensures that all software and documentation is in compliance with established standards.
– The tester is able to perform independently and within groups.
– The Test Engineer is responsible for verifying that the test design and documentation supports applicable industry standards, time lines, and budgets.
– The test engineer is also responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
– The Test Engineer prepares milestone status reports and delivers presentations on system test and evaluation concepts.
– Senior ERP Technical Lead who provides technical expertise in process areas such as Human Capital Management, Enterprise Asset Management, Procure-to-Pay, Financials, Applications Integrations, reporting and analytics.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
– Experience with system test design and execution utilizing various tools and methodologies.
– Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application development phases from design through deployment.
– Experience in Oracle EBS, Workday HCM, Payroll, and Financials, Asset Management System, Customer Information System, and Customer Relationship Management applications as well as Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and JAVA is highly desired.
– Demonstrated ability to develop and execute test cases for complex requirements from a traceability matrix.
– Testing methodology certification (e.g. ISTQB) is a plus.
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .