Abaco is seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer to help develop, build and deploy next generation solutions in support our client in Washington, DC. This task order is fully funded. Each candidate considered will be fully screened by our recruiter and technical team lead and if so chosen.
As a Systems Engineer you will work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for all architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable technical and application solutions to meet business requirements. Strong organizational skills, managing competing priorities, technical expertise and attention to detail are key in this customer-focused role. Your main objective for this project is to research and assist with providing technical solutions to the organizations existing IT modernization desires.
In this role, you will be responsible for translating the business requirements created by functional analysts into the technical architecture for the solution, implementing the selected technology, and operate the solution across the enterprise. You will be responsible for maintaining the architecture and design artifacts for use by the technical team to implement the solution.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Information Technology or related degree
- Related subject matter certification
- Experience performing in the role of Systems Engineer for large, 24×7 U.S. Federal Government IT Web-based applications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- .Net development experience
- knowledge of the Microsoft stack frameworks
- Possesses advanced levels of technical knowledge combined with a balanced mix of sound business vision and project and business skills
- “Systems thinking” – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking) and design the technical architecture and implement the technical solution
- Astuteness of future technology and architectural advancements to support the organizations architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution
- Broad understanding of the numerous state-of-the-art technologies currently on the market; in-depth understanding of large, web-based application constructs and their supporting components, such as databases, and interconnection/communication such as APIs and web services
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and advisory to the Enterprise Architect on technology matters
- Ability to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Exceptional problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to organize and prioritize individual work as well as the work of others
- Ability to complete assignments correctly and in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegiality with others, on multidisciplinary teams and to establish professional working relationships.
- Gain an understanding of the functional and work process requirements of the organization and design the detailed technical solution
- Serve as the bridge between enterprise architecture and applications architecture
- Responsible for the comprehensive and integrated technical design of the IT applications to be delivered under the SOW
- Implement and the detailed solution design
- Ensure that the detailed solution design aligns with the higher-level enterprise architecture and roadmaps and adheres to the enterprise architecture principles
- As necessary, serve as technical team lead; in such instances, provide motivation and guidance to the team, track technical progress, report status to project manager
- Collaborate with and review design concepts with the customers/stakeholders to co-create desired system and required interface
- Document solution designs.