Abaco Strategy, LLC (“Abaco”), is looking for a seasoned Security Engineer to support the Cyber Operations Team at a major institution within the Department of the Treasury. The environment demands motivated and engaged individuals who can work independently and in teams to provide day-to-day support and provide vision into Cyber Operations’ future needs.
- Location: 301 14th St SW, Washington, DC 20228
- Security Clearance: Public Trust
- Available: within 30 days
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous work and/or other hands-on experience in a large engineering and cyber-security operations environment
- Previous hands–on experience, for a bare minimum of two years, in the design, configuration, administration, tuning and optimization in the following capacities:
o SIEM tools, IBM QRadar or Splunk experience strongly preferred
o Vulnerability Scanning and enterprise Asset Discovery products – Tenable Security Center, ForeScout CounterAct strongly preferred
o Network and Host-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention (IDS/IPS) products –Symantec SEP or IBM BigFix strongly preferred
o Enterprise Firewalls, State-full Inspection and Applications aware based – Cisco ASA, Palo Alto/others strongly preferred
o Servers: Windows, Linux – build, configure, administer, maintain
o Packet Analysis, Network sniffers and other test and discovery equipment and products
- Must have a solid understanding of common operating systems, network devices (routers, switches, etc.), applications and routing and switching protocols
- Must have understanding of ports, protocols, and services, how they are used and how they can be exploited
- Understanding of malware is required and malware reverse engineering skills are highly desirable
- Understanding of the OSI Seven-Layer model
- Understanding of and experience with packet analysis is desirable
- Practice in documenting practical procedural and architectural aspects of complex systems is preferred
- Work knowledge evaluating contingency plans, configuration management plans, security configuration checklists, STIGs and IAVAs, and other direction and guidance
- Strong interactive skills with peers, management and government personnel
- Good written and oral communication required
Certifications and/or training are desirable to the client, such as:
· MCSE/MCITP/MCSA or RHCE/RHCSA/Linux+/LPIC-1
· Cisco CCENT, CCNA Security, CCNA Cyber Ops
· SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
· Vendor specific training and certifications from IBM, Tenable, Symantec, Cisco, Checkpoint
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
Thank you for considering us for employment.