Abaco Strategy, LLC (“Abaco”), a leader in Agile Software Development, and Information Technology, is looking for a Sr. Security Specialist/Assessor to join its dynamic and fast-paced Cyber Programs division. The Assessor be part of a team reporting to the Team Manager of IRS Enterprise FISMA Compliance. As an Assessor, you will be responsible for conducting annual security assessments of FISMA reportable systems in support of their on-going authorization.
- Location: Rockville, MD for ramp-up/training (approximately 90 days) with opportunity to transition to remote.
- Security Clearance: active IRS MBI Clearance highly desired, ability to attain is required.
- Available: ASAP
· Supporting the IRS Certification Program Office (CPO) requirements and priorities with staff-like access based on completed Public Trust Clearance;
· Conducting FISMA Annual Security Controls Assessments (ASCAs) on IRS FISMA reportable systems;
· Scheduling and facilitating ad-hoc discovery sessions with the applicable stakeholders;
· Scheduling and facilitating the Control Selection Meeting (CSM), Control Assessment Meeting (CAM) and Findings Review meetings with the system stakeholders;
· Preparing a customized Assessment Plan based on the Control Selection Memo (CSM) and working closely with the System POC to coordinate the data gathering effort;
· Reviewing and analyzing evidence to ensure each assessment objective is achieved;
· Developing Security Assessment Report (SAR) based on assessment results;
· Converting System Security Plan (SSP) to latest templates for the assessment;
· Taking notes during the meetings;
· Meeting deadlines and abiding by project schedule;
· Attending and participating in team meetings and training (customer meetings/commitments take priority);
· Taking PRIDE in work products and authorship;
· Completing work to quality standards set forth by Abaco, the Team, and IRS.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical area or equivalent work experience
· 4-7 years of relevant experience in information assurance, cyber security, or information technology for Mid-level Assessor
· 7+ years of relevant experience in information assurance, cyber security, or information technology for Senior-level Assessor
· Knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53 and NIST 800-137
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with all relevant parties especially with the IRS CPO POCs and stakeholders;
· Ability to work well with others in a collaborative manner and be a self-starter;
· Team player capable of working in a results oriented environment;
· Strong interpersonal, team building, active listening, and attention to detail are a must;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills.
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
Thank you for considering us for employment.