Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Citizenship: US Citizen
Clearance Required: Public Trust
Location: Washington, DC
Abaco is looking for an experienced Business Analyst with at least five (5) years of experience to support several IT projects involving operational technology, to supplement current client staff. The primary responsibility of the Business Analyst is to formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Support the business processes for maintenance and development efforts, defining and documenting impact assessments, functional requirements and data requirements, and assist in planning and scheduling completion of the approved projects and/or change requests
- Support the business requirements interpretation/redefinition processes for development efforts as defined by the change requests
- Collaboratively perform the systems requirements review with customer via the assigned team for a given project and develop the functional and product baselines
- Perform requirements elicitation, analysis and interpretation of business and functional requirements.
- Provide support for the evolution of the defined requirements into system specifications. Requirements formally defined must be validated to a level of detail sufficient for the solution design to proceed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience gathering and documenting client business requirements for IT systems
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and SDLC methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience collaborating and working with IT development teams, management, and customers
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ideal candidate will have worked as a BA in an Agile Scrum environment, and will have hands on experience with the following tools:
- Rational Jazz (desired)
- MS Visio (desired)
- RoboHelp (desired)
- Experience writing system design documents and other system documentation
- Significant attention to detail
- Some project management experience is a plus.