Location: Washington, DC
Employment Classification: Regular, FT Employee
Minimum Experience – 5-10 Years’ experience with data warehousing
Required Degree – 4 Year Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
Clearance – Public Trust
US Citizens Only
This position requires a U.S Government Public Trust/Suitability determination. Applicants who accept an offer of employment will be subject to government security investigation(s) and must receive a favorable suitability determination for access to U.S Government information for continued employment. The government investigation for this position includes a credit check
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco Strategy, LLC seeks a qualified Business Objects (BOE) Developer to support its federal customer in Washington, DC. The BOE Developer will help define, design, develop, test, maintain, implement and support the solutions in collaboration with other developers. Activities include:
- Maintain and building Development, Test, and Production Environments
- Research, design, development, and/or modification of application software to integrate disparate systems
- Create and maintain technical documentation in support of the project
- Configuration management and assembling the releases of the code base
The position requires expertise in Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) report development and configuration management of the BOE environment from test into production. A history of understanding data models and developing efficient SQL to fulfill reporting requirements in required.
- Possess six (6) or more years of professional IT experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 5+ years of experience with Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) report development and maintenance
- Experience with tuning large reporting databases
- 1+ year experience with BOE version XI development
- 5+ years of experience with development of SQL queries
- 3+ years of experience with BOE developer tools (Desktop, WebIntelligence)
- Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of BOE admin functions, especially as it relates to setup and configuration of database universes and mappings
- Must possess the ability to identify and resolve BOE setup issues
- Knowledge of data warehousing, dimensional, relational, and data modeling
- Demonstrated independent problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work with a team
- Good communication skills
- Experience working on a Federal contract
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with SAP Business Objects, Embarcadero ER Studio, and Tableau
- Experience with source control repository
- Experience with Financial Data Warehouse
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please contact HR@abacostrategy.com
Thank you for considering us for employment.