Location: Washington, DC
Minimum Experience – 2 Years
Required Degree – N/A
Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Abaco is seeking a Software Automation Engineer to work for a federal Agency located in Washington, DC. As the Software Automations Engineer, you will provide testing solutions with a team of approximately eight software engineers and test engineers working with Java, J2EE, Web development and Open Source technologies in an Agile-based environment. The Automated Solutions Tester works closely with development, business analysts, and other team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects to verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Work within the development team environment and performs the following tasks:
- Work closely with their respective team, other teams, business analyst, technical leads, management lead and product managers to define the automated development components that will be used to validate requirements against developed software;
- Execute automated testing on both web front end and back end systems (the ability to test at an API level such as via Web Services, JMS Queue, or other back end service is essential);
- Perform test validations at various levels including DB validation, logging validation, and UI validation.
- Work with Business Analyst and Team Leads/Technical Leads to define test scenarios and test cases for the evolving solution in accordance with the Technical Testing Strategy:
- Carry out all types of technical testing of the solution as a whole;
- Create testing products, e.g. test cases, plans and logs;
- Document and report the results of testing activities for Quality Assurance purposes;
- Keep the Team Lead and other designated management officials informed of the results of testing activities;
- Ensure they can plan and carry out their tests to ensure acceptance criteria objectives are met.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance.
- 2 years of experience as s Solutions Tester with increasing testing responsibilities.
- Prior working experience delivering Agile methodology based projects and leading multiple projects involving multiple teams using Agile Methodology and working closely with product owners, release managers as well as program and project managers.
- Prior working experience analyzing and planning effective use of technology.
- Prior working experience leading large scale federal IT software development projects.
- 2 years of related development experience in Agile team environment JAVA/J2EE (Spring, Hibernate) Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Prior working experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. Rally, Jira).
- Prior working experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Prior working experience with Agile industry best practices, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration.
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field.
- 2 years of software testing experience within the Federal Government.
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
Thank you for considering us for employment.